Decryption Error with Presets in Revalver 4 Help Please

ReValver HP, MkIII, and MkIII.V Product Support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

overdriver999

Decryption Error with Presets in Revalver 4 Help Please

Post by overdriver999 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:28 pm

ok i have been using revalver 4 for several months now and i really do like it overall..however there are a few things that just don't work properly with the program..the one thing i'm interested in fixing right now is the preset loading..."regular presets",not ACT presets..i haven't used ACT yet as i have decided not to buy anything else from the amp store until i can get a few issues worked out ..i have downloaded many presets from this forum and other places on the web,but 50% of the time they will not load..it always says the same thing.."""Preset decryption error,module (name of module here)"""...every preset i have ever downloaded is the same type of (.sa) file..they are all the same..some will load flawlessly,some get that error..can someone please tell me why?...what is different about the file that makes it not want to load?...the same thing happens with banks as well..i really like revalver and i want to love it but this is a very annoying issue and i don't understand why there isn't an easy fix for it..since i have been using the program,i don't recall the program ever notifying me of any updates available,bug fixes or anything like that..the amp store never seems to be getting any updates either..it's like they wrote a program and then just walked away from it and left everything as is...i feel it would have a much bigger fan base if peavey was a little more involved in supporting it and updating it..maybe they are and i just don't know it...any way hopefully a peavey support person will chime in here and give me a little advice on this problem..thanks in advance!

overdriver999

Re: Decryption Error with Presets in Revalver 4 Help Please

Post by overdriver999 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:38 pm

anyone?..i know i'm not the only one this has happened to.
Revalver support Team?
i downloaded a couple new presets last night and same issue...one worked fine and one with "decryption errors"

overdriver999

Post by overdriver999 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:25 am

No one ?

Bill0287

Post by Bill0287 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:00 am

Have you filed an actual support ticket on this problem, rather than depending on these forums?

https://revalver.peavey.com/tickets

I have never experienced the problem you are describing. Maybe you could attach one of the presets you have that causes the error for you so one of us can also try it out. If it works for someone else, it is not the preset in question, but your setup.

As far as I know, the program does not notify you of updates. They are often announced here, but to find the latest version, go to:

https://revalver.peavey.com/download

So:
- Are you using Windows or Mac?
- Are you using the latest version of Revalver - downloaded from their site?
- Have you tried uninstalling and reinstall the app ?
- Is it crashing in both standalone mode or as a plugin to a DAW? If DAW, which one/version?
- Does the error occur in a preset every single time its loaded, or is it intermittent?

I am not a support person, but this is information you should have available when you contact them.

overdriver999

Post by overdriver999 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:36 pm

I nust filed a support ticket but it normally takes a day or two so I haven't heard back yet..I posted here because I thought the revalver support team was active here..I have tried uninstalling..actually just re installed Windows 10 home 64 bit a week ago..and its always the same presets for me that don't work..just everyday presets that are already posted on this and other forums..some work and some have errors and won't load..it has the issue in reaper and in stand alone mode..I often check for updates and it always says none are available and I'm running all the newest software..I'm not on my desktop at the moment so I can't post a preset ill have to come back and do it later tonight..I do thank you for your response

overdriver999

Post by overdriver999 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:05 pm

here's a couple presets that get decryption errors every single time
see if they work for you
Attachments
Peavey XXX 2.rev4preset.sa
(22.15 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
ENGL Powerball 2 - CRISTHIAN ANDRADE.rev4preset.sa
(20.67 KiB) Downloaded 264 times

Bill0287

Post by Bill0287 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:37 am

I imported both presents into my RV IV and got the same decryption errors you did - on every module in the preset, it seems. So I say it's the preset. I would be curious if anyone else gets it too.

With that said - I searched the web and found the source for one of them, and other people are having the same problem (look at the set of comments are the bottom of the video history). I also downloaded another one from there and it also failed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paIivU-t2NA

So now begins the investigation. One thing I noticed right away is that this person is using a third party IR loader called keFIR. keFIR is a 32-bit VST. I think there is a very high probability that the person created this preset is using 32-bit Revalver and exported the presets that way, with the third party VST embedded into it (bad preset design in my mind).

I wonder if you installed 32-bit RV and also had the keFIR dll in your system if it would work then...I am not going to go to that much trouble because I am 90% sure that is the problem (32-bit preset loaded into a 64-bit software - if not the preset itself, but the 32-bit plugin inside it).

I bet you are using 64-bit RV? Right?

I think this preset it a lost cause unless you want to try the 32-Bit RV test I described. If it works there, you could remove the keFir dependency and instead use the RIR module and resave it for 64-bit. Or delete it from RV and load the keFIR dll into your Reaper chain, which will work with either type of plugin. Or maybe ask the board here if someone is using 32-bit RV to try it out (they will need the kFir dll though, too. It's easy to find)

overdriver999

Post by overdriver999 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:15 pm

thank you so much Bill
you know what i have a feeling that you are 100% right on this..that sounds like a very good possibility that those presets were created and saved using a 32 bit platform...and yes i am running 64 bit windows and revalver..which makes even more sense why they won't load..it would be a lot of trouble to go thru all that just for a preset but i may just try it because i would love to know for sure if thats the problem with the decryption errors...im glad it finally happened to someone else,now i know im not crazy...speaking of 32 bit and 64 bit..i also have tons of trouble using the 3rd party loader in revalver as well..i don't think it will load 32 bit plugins on my 64 bit..or if it does happen to load,it crashes r4 and reaper almost immediately..but thats a whole other post in itself..anyway thanks so much for your knowledge,that was way beyond my computer knowledge trying to figure that out,but i feel sure you are correct..it seems like a very logical explanation indeed.

Bill0287

Post by Bill0287 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:18 am

My last words on this...

My curiosity got the best of me...I loaded 32-bit revalver on my laptop and tried to load the preset - it still failed with the decryption errors, so I think maybe there was something about the version of the RV that he used when he saved the preset that is not kosher with the current versions. Maybe Peavey support can see something in the file that confirms this, I don't know. They should at least know what type of errors are throwing that particular error message.

Also, taking a second look at the video, it looks like the keFIR impulse loader was actually in the Reaper chain and not part of the preset - which is what should be done anyway!

So my best advice is that you could try to recreate it by looking at the amp settings in the video and using his impulse response in Reaper. I think there are only 3 components being used in RV - Greener, Angl PBII and Kaften. You could also try to reach the guy.

Bottom line, I don't believe the problem is with the RV setups, since others have the same issues.

Good luck.

P.S. As far as I know, you can only use 64-bit VSTs in 64-bit RV - I think it even says so on the load dialog box.

overdriver999

Post by overdriver999 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:29 pm

Ok sounds good man..and yes I will end up creating the preset from the photo and saving it that way..I thank you for your help and advice.

I haven't heard a response in regards to the ticket I sent in about this yet..maybe later today they'll reach me.
Cheers!

overdriver999

Post by overdriver999 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:47 pm

UPDATE:
i got a response from jose at peavey today and here's what he says:

Hello, my name is José and I will be assisting you with this issue. The issue is not with your version of ReValver, but rather with the version used to create the presets. We had a version of ReValver 4 that had a bug when exporting presets. Many users exported and shared their presets using that version and unfortunately there is nothing that we can do to fix the presets created with that defective version. We are glad to say that the presets created with the latest version of ReValver available do not suffer from this problem. Should you have any further questions or issues, feel free to contact us. Thank you and best regards, José.

so i guess problem solved?..

Bill0287

Post by Bill0287 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Well, at least that confirms what I suspected all along.

overdriver999

Post by overdriver999 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:27 am

Yep you were right all along.
That was good thinking on your part..I appreciate the help.