Revalver 4 Automation Bud Wah Pedal Toggle Trouble

ReValver HP, MkIII, and MkIII.V Product Support.

Moderators: Michael Ljunggren, ReValver Support Team

gigalum

Revalver 4 Automation Bud Wah Pedal Toggle Trouble

Post by gigalum » Sat May 20, 2017 12:57 am

I'm pulling my hair out here. In Studio One 3 I have successfully mapped the wah pedal part of the so-called Bud Wah (the filter component) and it works fine with an automation curve. I happen to be using the host automation name "Misc1" for the pedal. Again, it works fine. But the pedal on/off switch is super flaky. I have it mapped to the host automation name "Switch 1" and Studio One sees the control and allows me to drag it down to an automation lane, but it does not respond in an on/off way.

Normally a toggle like this would get an "on" signal when the associated cc value is over approx 64 and an "off" signal when below that. But it appears the revalver logic sees any change in the signal as an instruction. So, from one moment to the next, any value change makes it toggle the other way from what it happened to start at.

Anybody here successfully get an on/off toggle for a stomp box in revalver to work via automation? In Studio One? Or any DAW for that matter? Howdid you do it please?

Cheers.