Xport doesn't work/no signal

Powered by the USB bus and featuring both Headphone and Line outputs, the Xport provides musicians with a simple, hassle-free digital recording solution.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

shadow avatar

Xport doesn't work/no signal

Post by shadow avatar » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:49 pm

Hello,sorry for bad english though
I installed all drivers and set all preferences,tried everything that was in manual
My problem :
Peavey xport just doesn't hear any signal from guitar.
If attack string VERY hard,then i can see low signal in sound devices control panel.But it's not sound,it's just little jump of signal
But once when one end of the cable is in the xport,and another is in the hand(not in guitar) ,it can hear signal and even regulate it by touching the jack.When 2th end of cable is returned to guitar-no sound/signal at all

Guitar is fine,it works with amplifter,it just doesn't work with xport.
Hope for solution

really would appreciate any help

Kazlok

Re: Xport doesn't work/no signal

Post by Kazlok » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:35 am

Pretty sure I'm having the same problem.

Works great as a headphone output but nothing happens when a guitar is plugged in, not sure if its faulty..

Did try e-mailing them but its been about a week and I've heard nothing back

shadow avatar

Post by shadow avatar » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:00 pm

If try to turn off all of recording devices ,it can give some signal but then it sleeps away,and quality is really bad actually.Maybe on MAC it's better,but working on Win7 with peavey is no deal

macdaddy

Post by macdaddy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:51 pm

For the benefit of anyone searching with similar problems and questions:

1. No sound ever comes from my laptop speakers, the only output is through the xport headphones or line out. Also If xport is connected you will hear all you computers sounds and music out of export, so play a song and see if you can hear it to tell if export is connected.

2. you can see a visual of your guitar input level when you view the properties of xport in the printers and devices folder of windows 7 start menu. right click xport, select sound settings. It should be the checked speaker. click the recording tab, strum your guitar and if it's connected the bar graph to the right of "line" will show you.

3. Select "line" and click properties. click the listen tab and make sure "listen to this device" is checked. Now click ok and it should stay that way everytime you plug in.

My xport was defective. Amazon send me a new one no problem and it works great. I'm really enjoying revalver hp se and will probably upgrade to 3.5 once i'm more comfortable with it. next step is to learn all the controls for revalver and get a pedal hooked up to control it.

I hope this may help another clueless newbie.

Mac

shadow avatar

Post by shadow avatar » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:17 pm

macdaddy wrote:For the benefit of anyone searching with similar problems and questions:

1. No sound ever comes from my laptop speakers, the only output is through the xport headphones or line out. Also If xport is connected you will hear all you computers sounds and music out of export, so play a song and see if you can hear it to tell if export is connected.

2. you can see a visual of your guitar input level when you view the properties of xport in the printers and devices folder of windows 7 start menu. right click xport, select sound settings. It should be the checked speaker. click the recording tab, strum your guitar and if it's connected the bar graph to the right of "line" will show you.

3. Select "line" and click properties. click the listen tab and make sure "listen to this device" is checked. Now click ok and it should stay that way everytime you plug in.

My xport was defective. Amazon send me a new one no problem and it works great. I'm really enjoying revalver hp se and will probably upgrade to 3.5 once i'm more comfortable with it. next step is to learn all the controls for revalver and get a pedal hooked up to control it.

Mac
Hi,as I said,i did all of it in the first place(all my sounds work,listening to line port is activated,all other devices are disconnected),but anyway no proper signal from guitar. Somehow I managed to do smth to hear low guitar signal.It's so low that I can hear it in headphones,but bar near the "line" doesn't show it.
Also beside low guitar sound I hear really bad noise(much louder,than a guitar).

That's what I have recorded
Attachments
recorded .mp3
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 472 times

Jose Luiz

Post by Jose Luiz » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:35 am

shadow avatar wrote:
macdaddy wrote:For the benefit of anyone searching with similar problems and questions:

Mac
Hi,as I said,i did all of it in the first place(all my sounds work,listening to line port is activated,all other devices are disconnected),but anyway no proper signal from guitar. Somehow I managed to do smth to hear low guitar signal.It's so low that I can hear it in headphones,but bar near the "line" doesn't show it.
Also beside low guitar sound I hear really bad noise(much louder,than a guitar).

That's what I have recorded
To me, it sounds like it is faulty. Please ask for a replacement!
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
My banks for MKIII.V:
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25152
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=28688

shadow avatar

Post by shadow avatar » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:32 am

Jose Luiz wrote:
It's kinda hard,because I don't live in USA ...But thanks

Jose Luiz

Post by Jose Luiz » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:59 am

shadow avatar wrote:
Jose Luiz wrote:
It's kinda hard,because I don't live in USA ...But thanks
You should get in touch with the store where you purchased it and they will replace it for you. No need to send it to us.
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
My banks for MKIII.V:
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25152
http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=28688