Peavey 118D Line In from Line Out Bass Amp - No Mixer

Powered by the USB bus and featuring both Headphone and Line outputs, the Xport provides musicians with a simple, hassle-free digital recording solution.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

tdauphin1949

Peavey 118D Line In from Line Out Bass Amp - No Mixer

Post by tdauphin1949 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:04 pm

Currently have 2 Peavey 118D Subs that I plan on using with the XR1212 PA Sub line out for bigger venues. I also have a Hartke A100 Bass Amp that I use when playing bass (great for smaller venues). I know the 118D has XLR in for connecting to a mixer; the Hartke also has an XLR line out (for connection to a mixer) so I was wondering if I could bypass the mixer and just use one of the subs straight from XLR-out Hartke to XLR-in 118D Sub? I tried it and it only produces a low powered signal on the sub (even if turned up all the way). Does the XLR in on the sub have to be connected to a mixer line out to be able to turn up the volume? I figured this would be great solution for using an additional powered cab with the Hartke when playing with other bands and not needing my mixer. Just use the Hartke and one of the powered subs, but so far doesn't appear to work. Is there anyway to use one of the subs without going through a mixer? Thanks in advance...