Guitar Randomly Making Crackling Sounds

Powered by the USB bus and featuring both Headphone and Line outputs, the Xport provides musicians with a simple, hassle-free digital recording solution.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

sly

Guitar Randomly Making Crackling Sounds

Post by sly » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi, I need help finding out what exactly is causing my problem, and how to fix it. Long story short, I am playing my guitar through FL Studio 11 (with Guitar Rig 5) and every now and then (happens 99% of the time) while I'm playing, it starts crackling up as if the input on my guitar isn't secure (it is). I think it could be either the pickup on my guitar, input jack, audio interface or a setting in FL that is causing the problem. So far, I have reinstalled the drivers for my audio interface, replaced the battery for my active pickup on the guitar, and tried different cables. All to no avail.

Here's a recording of what it's doing: https://soundcloud.com/user696969690/gu ... ng-example

Here is what I'm running:

-Computer Specs-
Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel Core i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz
64-bit Operating System

-Audio Interfaces-
Steinberg CI 1 USB Audio Interface (for monitors)
Peavey Xport Guitar USB Interface

-FL Audio Settings-
ASIO4ALL v2
Sample rate (HZ) 44100
ASIO Buffer Size: 384 Samples (changing buffer size does NOT fix the problem)
Mix in buffer switch: OFF
Triple buffer: OFF
Priority: Highest
Safe overloads: OFF
Underruns: 160
Playback tracking: Driver

If you need any more specific details, just let me know. I hope I don't have to find another interface to buy..
Thanks.

sly

Re: Guitar Randomly Making Crackling Sounds

Post by sly » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:08 pm

I have another interface I just tried using and it doesn't have this problem. I guess the XPort is just a piece of garbage :roll: