Signal to hot (loud) to record

Powered by the USB bus and featuring both Headphone and Line outputs, the Xport provides musicians with a simple, hassle-free digital recording solution.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

Blackraynz

Signal to hot (loud) to record

Post by Blackraynz » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:01 pm

Hello , I am having an issue with recording .I own the X Port interface and ReValver 4 along with Reaper as a DAW .I had issues with my computer and had to just reinstall the OS ,I had to re install many programs as well.When I re installed the X Port it may not have been installed properly.The signal going into my computer is so loud no tweeking can bring the level to an acceptable level for recording and every thing sounds like garbage.I spoke with someone at Peavy and they sent me the attached letter
Go Configure.jpg
Go Configure.jpg (723.25 KiB) Viewed 7242 times
which did not help because I could not open the configure button to set the rest up Properly
go configure properties.jpg
go configure properties.jpg (435.94 KiB) Viewed 7242 times
.The recording levels from x port in properties ,line levels did not effect the input . Do I need to uninstall X Port and reinstall it again ? how do get past the code 5 error so if I do need to reinstall X port, some directions for that would be helpful .I was thinking that maybe my computer was not identifying the interface so I have run check for new hardware and that did not fix it.I have tried a few other amp sim programs with different DAW's ,it's the same thing the signal going into my computer from the input interface is just way to hot no amount of gain staging helps .Sorry for being lengthy I felt I should mention I have tried a few different trouble shooting suggestions before writing to this forum