Ampkit not working, not input or output signal

The AmpKit LiNK audio interface raises the audio fidelity bar for the iPhone platform. AmpKit LiNK is an iPhone, iPod touch* and iPad interface for electric guitar, bass, or any line level source, with an output that can be connected to headphones, powered speakers or a PA.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

Snowstar99

Re: Ampkit not working, not input or output signal

Post by Snowstar99 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:39 pm

Have had the same problem with 2 separate Links, both purchased through amazon, connected to iPad2. Each one worked for a little while & then no input signal. I've turned to the iRig as a substitute, but the sound is better with the Link if you can get it to work ...

scottsri

Post by scottsri » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:16 am

I wish I had checked this forum before buying.... This is has been very frustrating, and really hurts the Peavey brand. I had one unit and after tickering with different cables and wiggling around I could get the light to fire up, but no sound... My replacement (After spending half the price of a new one on shipping :cry: ) was better a lighting up, and had some sound for all of 30 seconds- now nothing. Very disappointed. Well on the plus side I guess it is "low noise".

I guess I will try opening up the box and seeing if there is any obvious fixes.

somanyusersnames

Post by somanyusersnames » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:41 am

yeah i just bought the ampkit link and along with so many consumers reviews, mine was DoA, though the light is lit i get no signal whatsoever, im glad i downloaded the free app instead paying $19.99 for the ampkit+. i dont know why respected sources would advertise this product with such praise when it seems about or over 50% of the consumers who purchased this product are having the same issue.
peavey i think you need to go back to the drawing board and design a more sturdy and working piece of hardware. i have only owned this product for 2 and a half hours and im ready to drive back to the retailer and exchanging it for something i can actually use right out of package.

bradley_ny

Post by bradley_ny » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:13 pm

I want to check in, since this thread has been new-paged, and be certain that each and every person that has had a problem has contacted us, or your retailer to get a replacement. I understand your frustration, and we continue to make ourselves available 24/7 to make sure that every case gets resolved: [email protected]

I like to think that the number of people we have helped out are too busy using the app, than to come by and respond here that everything was fixed. Then again, I have a really, really cheery disposition. :)

2007m50

Post by 2007m50 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:44 pm

I'm having the same issue. Low if any input level despite different cables and lots of fuz in the background. Is this what I'm going to have to live with? Have emailed info@ already.

Regret buying this contraption. Such a let down. :roll:

bradley_ny

Post by bradley_ny » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:54 am

2007 - We got you fixed, right? (assuming you're the same 2007)

studiodtk5

Post by studiodtk5 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Having the same issue. The unit was DOA. Never worked once.

I contacted [email protected]

I will post what happens.....
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...

studiodtk5

Post by studiodtk5 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:29 pm

studiodtk5 wrote:Having the same issue. The unit was DOA. Never worked once.

I contacted [email protected]

I will post what happens.....

As I said above I contacted [email protected] I had an email back from Bradley within the hour, and it was about 11pm. He verified some stuff and we came to the conclusion the unit had to go back. I tired the next one in the store before I left. Everything was working correct.

The support was amazing. I hope it keeps working...
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...

archiviloria

Post by archiviloria » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:02 pm

I have registered in this forum just to tell my experience as I had a faulty Link and the support from both Agile and Peavey has been amazing.

I am from Spain, the link was bought online at Thomann (Germany) When I checked that my Link wasn't working well, I did some research until I got to this thread and then I contacted Bradley.

Bradley sugested to return the Link to Thomann to get a replacement. But the thing is that Thomann don't pay for the shipping when returning equipment so, returning the Link to Thomann was almost as expensive as the Link itself.

When I told this to Bradley, he contacted Charlie, from Peavey UK and Alicia, from Peavey Spain. Between the three of them, managed to find a way to change my faulty Link for a new one and they did it. Yesterday I received my new Link which, as Charlie tested himself, is working properly. Meanwhile, Alicia, from Peavey Spain, contacted a shop at my hometown where I have droped the old Link and, from there, it will be returned to Peavey.

I think it is fair to tell this kind of things in the forums and not only the complaints.

So, if you have a problem with your Link, contact the customer support service because they really do their job, fast and efficiently.

PD. Sorry about my english...I hope it's understandable

billlozon

Post by billlozon » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:56 pm

Had a similar bad-out-of-box situation but got virtually immediate support from Bradley at Agile Partners. He responded the day after I contacted them and again the next day. Several times and this was over a weekend. Never seen manufacturer support this good. Amazing in these days of lousy customer support. After exchanging several emails, we determined the original Link was bad. Exchanged it at Guitar Center today and all is well. Thanks Brad.

Jeffc

Re: Ampkit defective - twice!!

Post by Jeffc » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:45 pm

This is a terrible product and I am sorry I bought it. The quality is something one might expect from China or Taiwan. I purchased one and it had a defective guitar input and the second had a defective headphone jack. This is my first Peavey product purchase and has turned me off from ever risking my money on another peavey product. It is sad that a company would release such an obviously poorly made product.

billlozon

Post by billlozon » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:10 am

Brad, if you're still monitoring this site perhaps you can give me some advice: the product's working fine but no matter what I try, no matter which guitar I use, there's a persistent "white noise" sort of hiss. I use the noise suppressor pedal, turn down the trebal, etc. nothing seems to make a difference. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Gustavo_Brasil

Post by Gustavo_Brasil » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:20 pm

Hi. Like we use to say in Brazil: "your words are mine". There's nothing more to say.

Ampkit Link does not work. There's no sound from it. There's no input or output sign. No matter how many guitars, how many cables and how many times I tried.
Apogee JAM works very well with AmpKit software. But AmpKit link survived only for a couple of days. No, it seems to be dead.

I'm very disappointed with this not robust/fragile agile/peavey interface.

What do I have to do now?

Gustavo.

bradley_ny

Post by bradley_ny » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:47 am

Gutstavo - I believe we've been in touch already, and we're working to find out how we can help get this fixed or replaced.

Bill - that sounds like electrical interference. Is your iPhone/iPod/iPad plugged in and charging while you're playing? If not, email me at info@agilepartners and we'll troubleshoot.

tommys

Post by tommys » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:01 pm

Same issue here. Had mine for a couple months now, and the device has gotten worse over time. Lately it has become unusable, no input. Jiggling the cable into a spot that works no longer seems to do it.

Sad to find this is a prevalent problem, as if it can crop up even after a few months, whats going to stop it from doing the same on a replacement device.