Vypyr Pro

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
pvampmgr

Vypyr Pro

Post by pvampmgr » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:07 pm

Now that the Vypyr Pro is shipping, I'd like to open up a forum for comments and experiences. So far, I've seen one very positive review on TGP, also from someone that was so over the wait and somehow got banned from here (not sure how). In any event, let's discuss the Vypyr Pro.
Michael Smith
Product Manager
Peavey Electronics

Lord High Warlock

Re: Vypyr Pro

Post by Lord High Warlock » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:21 am

Just messing around with it, and I found one sound already that I really like:

DOUBLER >> TWN CLN >> ORNG CLN >> CHORUS

Makes my Les Paul just SING! And I haven't even messed with any of the parameters...just using the default settings at the moment.

Lookin' forward to finding even more goodies! :D
- Warlock/LHW/Rich

Guitars
2011 Gibson Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute
2015 Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE
2016 Peavey AT-200
1964 Goya F-27

Amps
Peavey Vypyr Pro w/ Sanpera Pro
Marshall AS100D & MG10cd
VOX Valvetronix VT80+

roundsound

Post by roundsound » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:17 am

I have a question. I really like the acoustic and bass amp models on the VIP. Any chance that there will be more models released at a later date?
Revalver 4 Producer
Asus T-100TA-C1/64GB SSD/2GB RAM
M-Audio M-Track USB Interface
Homemade Warmoth V with EMG Active H-S-S
Homemade Star/Destroyer with Duncan P-Rails

Lord High Warlock

Post by Lord High Warlock » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:51 pm

I have the firmware update (thanks, Michael!), but I didn't have time to apply it before leaving for work. I'll do the upgrade when I get home (~0500 EST), and post an update tomorrow morning on how it went.

EDIT: Query: does anyone know if Peavey plans on selling any type of covers for the Vypyr and Sanpera Pros? Just thought I'd check before spending money on ones that would have to be custom made.

EDIT 2: Just finished the firmware upgrade. Easy-peasy. No problems at all with it, and v1.33 eliminated the issues mentioned in the other thread. The Vypyr Team definitely gets an A++ from me! :D
- Warlock/LHW/Rich

Guitars
2016 Peavey AT-200
1964 Goya F-27

Amps
Marshall AS100D & MG10cd
VOX Valvetronix VT80+

treewiz

Post by treewiz » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:53 am

Last night I tried to get the firmware update, it ask me to download google chrome in which I did but to no avail. This is getting complicated is there an easier way. I really dig this new amp but I would like to mbe able to connect to it with my computer to upgrade the firmware when I have to. Great job Peavey with this Vypyr Pro and Sanpera Pro. I have been waiting quite awhile for an amp that has practical functions along with great tone that I don't have to tweak for hours on end with; believe me I have had it all including my current Axe Fx II. Last night upon recieving my units I was able to set up my 4 basic presets to my liking within a half hour which is a short time for me. Thanks PEAVEY!

treewiz

Post by treewiz » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:22 am

Well maybe I have discovered a flaw in my amp, I connected the XLR direct out to my mixer and am getting an unbearable ground loop hum even if I switch the ground loop switch either way. This is disappointing for I was looking foward to this feature, now when I get home from work I'll have to try my ground loop hum eliminator in line to combat this problem, more connections, bummer. Also I cannot update my firmware because you need to have Google chrome and my computer is having issues with that application. So I love the amp, I wish someone could help with these two dilemas, perhaps I may have to return this unit back to AMS, I hope not!

Elantric

Post by Elantric » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:08 pm

I Tested Vypyr Pro 100 & Sanpera Pro at Lunch

For all my brief testing I had the rear Power Sponge control on 50%,and front Master Volume on "3.5".
The first few Factory presets are filled with rather useless "show off FX, and at first the Vypyr Pro 100 sound was a bit "shrill" with too much treble.

The Sanpera Pro integration is great - i can already "fly" and navigate very well - and fast patch to patch changes

But i found Joy occurring in the upper memory banks ( remember there are 500 presets )

I also successfully recorded clean Audio using the Vypyr pro 100's USB connection at 48kHz on my iPhone 6 plus with Apple USB Camera adapter using "Rode REC" IOS Audio Recorder app

I will test the XLR Output tonight

But its a keeper for now -
T: Query: does anyone know if Peavey plans on selling any type of covers for the Vypyr and Sanpera Pros? Just thought I'd check before spending money on ones that would have to be custom made.
Wish I knew the answer to that too? Or is there an existing or older Peavey Amp Model that shares same dimensions as the 2015 Vypyr Pro 100?

( makes ordering third party Amp cover much easier!

But I believe I'm ordering a cover / transport bag from StudioSlips

For covers

amp size is 23" x 19" x 10"

Sanpera Pro is 25" x 9.5" x 4"

http://studioslips.com/measure_straight.php

But thanks to the Vypyr PRo 100's FX Loop and Sanpera Pro Foot controller - I have a path to integrate other tools

and make mods

Lord High Warlock

Post by Lord High Warlock » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:01 pm

The latest firmware update, along with the updater are now on the Vypyr Pro product page for download:

http://peavey.com/products/index.cfm/it ... #downloads

This is what I received from Michael via e-mail on the Updater:
pvampmgr wrote:This updater is really easy to use, but you need to disable demo mode in the main menu before you use it. Then just select "update firmware" in the main menu and then follow the prompts in the updater program. When you get to the screen that has "restart amp" and "skip", just choose skip.
For me, the whole process took only about 10 minutes. FWIW, even though he didn't mention it, I disconnected the Sanpera Pro before applying the update. My reasoning was that it'd be one less item that could potentially cause an issue. Additionally, I used a high-quality, gold-plated USB cable to do the update.
- Warlock/LHW/Rich

Guitars
2016 Peavey AT-200
1964 Goya F-27

Amps
Marshall AS100D & MG10cd
VOX Valvetronix VT80+

homerlex

Post by homerlex » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:28 pm

The updater is not working for me (Windows 10).

I disabled demo mode.
Selected "Update Software" and now the display says "Ready to Update"
I run the updater app and select Vypyr Pro as the MIDI Output.
When I hit Next I get the following message: "Could not open MIDI out port"

Lord High Warlock

Post by Lord High Warlock » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:49 pm

I used my wife's laptop (which has Win 10, as I run Linux on mine), and connected the Vypyr via the USB port. It took a good 3-5 minutes for Windows to load all the drivers and such to recognize the Vypyr...at first I thought it had locked up, but it was just a slow update. After that, everything was done in just a couple minutes.
- Warlock/LHW/Rich

Guitars
2016 Peavey AT-200
1964 Goya F-27

Amps
Marshall AS100D & MG10cd
VOX Valvetronix VT80+

homerlex

Post by homerlex » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:27 pm

Lord High Warlock wrote:I used my wife's laptop (which has Win 10, as I run Linux on mine), and connected the Vypyr via the USB port. It took a good 3-5 minutes for Windows to load all the drivers and such to recognize the Vypyr...at first I thought it had locked up, but it was just a slow update. After that, everything was done in just a couple minutes.
I was able to use the Vypyr Edit app when it was available so I know my laptop was able to communicate with the amp.

homerlex

Post by homerlex » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:41 pm

OK - I got it to work. I rebooted my laptop and then it worked fine. Perhaps something got into a foo'd state from using the vypyr edit app :?:

silentplayer

Post by silentplayer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Excuse my stupidity probably, but a poster on the previous thread showed this screenshot for vypredit.

But the Vypryedit 1.0 I am running looks nothing like that. I am assuming Vypyredit 1.0 is the latest ?
Is there a download link for the one that looks like the screenshot above ? This amp has a learning curve here big time, at least for me.

Thanks for any help.

homerlex

Post by homerlex » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:47 pm

silentplayer wrote:Excuse my stupidity probably, but a poster on the previous thread showed this screenshot for vypredit.

But the Vypryedit 1.0 I am running looks nothing like that. I am assuming Vypyredit 1.0 is the latest ?
Is there a download link for the one that looks like the screenshot above ? This amp has a learning curve here big time, at least for me.

Thanks for any help.
You probably have VypyrEdit for the VIP installed. The one for the PRO is a web app that was up for a little while but was taken down as they work on it some more - http://peavey.com/vypyredit/

Lord High Warlock

Post by Lord High Warlock » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:51 pm

homerlex wrote:OK - I got it to work. I rebooted my laptop and then it worked fine. Perhaps something got into a foo'd state from using the vypyr edit app :?:
I'm guessing you're right, since the VypyrEdit runs through your browser, and the firmware software is stand-alone. Glad you got it to work! :D
- Warlock/LHW/Rich

Guitars
2016 Peavey AT-200
1964 Goya F-27

Amps
Marshall AS100D & MG10cd
VOX Valvetronix VT80+