Sanpera Pro Wah Pedal

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
homerlex

Sanpera Pro Wah Pedal

Post by homerlex » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:55 am

I just received my Sanpera Pro and hooked it up to my Vypyer Pro. The volume pedal (left) does its thing but the Wah pedal (right) doesn't do anything. Is there something that needs to be setup to get the wah pedal working?

Rocco Crocco

Re: Sanpera Pro Wah Pedal

Post by Rocco Crocco » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:23 am

Just guessing but maybe you need to assign the wah effect to one of the blocks on the amp?

Roger Crimm

Post by Roger Crimm » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:08 am

No need to assign it. You may need to adjust it if it won't engage. Watch the video on the Sanpera Pro. Towards the end of the video Michael demonstrates how to adjust the sensitivity of the pedal switch.
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

homerlex

Post by homerlex » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:11 pm

Roger Crimm wrote:No need to assign it. You may need to adjust it if it won't engage. Watch the video on the Sanpera Pro. Towards the end of the video Michael demonstrates how to adjust the sensitivity of the pedal switch.
So, just to confirm, no matter which amps, stomps, effects, etc I have setup, the wah pedal should "wah" (assuming all other Vypyr pro default settings)? I'd just like to be sure of that before I go trying to adjust the sensitivity switch.

Roger Crimm

Post by Roger Crimm » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:00 pm

Correct, just step down on the toe of the pedal to activate it and you should have wah on any patch.
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

homerlex

Post by homerlex » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:58 pm

I swapped the default pedal sides. Now the volume is on the right and it works properly. Wah is now on the left and still does nothing. I assume this means I don't need to adjust the sensitivity of the pedal and something else is wrong - correct?

propbeanie

Post by propbeanie » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:42 pm

Are you sitting in a chair on a carpeted floor when trying to engage the switch? I usually have to stand up to engage my Sanpera II. 'Course, I'm whimpy - and proud of it... :wink:
84 PV T60, Heritage, Vypyr 30, SanperaII; Win7-64 Home Prem SP-1
& updated - Intel DP43BF P43 w/ Core2 Quad Q8300 4G RAM - ATI
HD 4550 512MB vid - 2xWD Blk SATA 3 750G HD, Asus BD-RW -
EMU 1820M w/ Reaper-64 3.78 - PV ReValver 4 - ADA8000 - LM16

ErikM

Post by ErikM » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:55 am

On my Sanpera II, the toe switch on the left pedal is very sensitive, and will engage if you breath on it hard enough. The right pedal, I do have to almost put all of my weight on to get it to engage and activate the Wah.

androponic

Post by androponic » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:26 am

Erik, you can adjust the Sanpera I and II pedal toe switches the same as the Pro version. there is a video on how the pro version is done on the Peavey youtube channel. The only difference is that they have added little trap door access panels on the pro. The older ones you just have to remove the whole bottom metal panel to get to the paddles and move the screws ever so slightly. Just test it out before you put all the screws back in. Super easy.

ErikM

Post by ErikM » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:59 am

I know it can be adjusted, I'm just too lazy to deal with it. I was just putting it out there in case the OP had a similar one and that is why the wah doesn't engage.

homerlex

Post by homerlex » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:14 pm

FYI - adjusting the screw did the trick. It was coming just short of hitting the switch.

ErikM

Post by ErikM » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:24 am

Glad you got it sorted out. I'm going to have to get over my laziness and adjust mine one of these days.

howarddavidp

Post by howarddavidp » Wed May 10, 2017 8:42 am

I did not adjust the screw, but the right pedal is a much harder push to activate the wah.

Works fine now.

Landshark

Post by Landshark » Wed May 10, 2017 10:26 pm

thanks for the reminder to adjust my volume pedal - it is WAY too sensitive.

JPSanna

Post by JPSanna » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:41 am

Hi all
Regarding switches of the pedals, my sampera didn't worked at all : no matter how I'd press them, nothing happened.
I.ve checked them (20000 screws to unmount...) and discovered that the system is a piece of crap !
There are plastic parts used for switching that must be adjusted with a screwdriver.
Cheapo ans fragile !!!
After an hour of trails my pedals work but I'm really disapointed by such a poor quality for the price the pedalboard costs !
For whom experiencing probems with the pedals, thé setup is easy but will need patience...
In my opinion your right switch needs some setup, because the left one is engaged by default for volume ( switching it is engages the tuner) , right is for wha or pitch.
Sorry for by bad english, hope my comment will help