Having to buy all my amp models again!?

The AmpKit LiNK audio interface raises the audio fidelity bar for the iPhone platform. AmpKit LiNK is an iPhone, iPod touch* and iPad interface for electric guitar, bass, or any line level source, with an output that can be connected to headphones, powered speakers or a PA.

Moderator: AmpKit Support

therumblebox

Having to buy all my amp models again!?

Post by therumblebox » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:01 pm

I hooked up my amp kit for the first time since upgradig to the iPhone 5, and NONE of my amps will work unless i buy them again. I hope this is a glitch, because I'll be god damned before i buy everything all over again.
71 LP deluxe goldtop - chris white P90s
10 LTD MH-350NT - pearly gates plus/pearly gates bridge/burstbucker1
99 LTD M-100 - JB/GFS A5 classic
lapsteel made from spare parts and a GFS A2 classic
JSX head, texas heats, iPhone ampkit

Synjeen

Re: Having to buy all my amp models again!?

Post by Synjeen » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:59 pm

When you hit purchase...it should say that you have already puchased and there is no charge.

Michael McKenzie

Post by Michael McKenzie » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:02 pm

Download the free version again. Then press "Add Gear", then select "My Purchases". At the bottom, press the "Restore Purchases" button.
I hope this helps.

therumblebox

Post by therumblebox » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:06 pm

I figured out how to download prior purchases again.
71 LP deluxe goldtop - chris white P90s
10 LTD MH-350NT - pearly gates plus/pearly gates bridge/burstbucker1
99 LTD M-100 - JB/GFS A5 classic
lapsteel made from spare parts and a GFS A2 classic
JSX head, texas heats, iPhone ampkit

bradley_ny

Post by bradley_ny » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:20 am

Anyone returning to this post seeking info, here's a bit more detail:

All of your gear purchases in AmpKit can be restored to all of your devices. Here are the steps:

- Make certain you're using the same Apple ID as you used when you first made any purchase.
- Make sure you've installed the same version of AmpKit on your new device (AmpKit or AmpKit+*)
- Open the app on your new device and go to Add Gear > My Purchases and tap "Restore Purchases"

Get rockin'

*If you buy the bundle called "AmpKit+" inside the free version of AmpKit, that does not credit you to download the app titled "AmpKIt+" from Apple. You must install the same version of the app that you had previously. Further, there is no functional difference between AmpKit and AmpKit+. The only difference is the pre-installed gear. Inside the free app, the bundle titled "AmpKit+" gets you the same gear at the same price.

mrholevar

Post by mrholevar » Wed May 18, 2016 6:41 pm

I am having a similar problem. I am using the correct Apple ID, the AmpKit states that my prior purchases have been installed, yet when I try to access them in a particular amp/pedal configuration in MySetups (emailed from an iphone to my ipad), the App prompts me to buy the entire amp/pedal pack again, despite the fact that it is supposed to be already installed!

Kevin Boudloche
Web Team

Post by Kevin Boudloche » Thu May 19, 2016 12:10 am

AmpKit support no longer monitors these forums, I suggest instead using their support page: http://agilepartners.com/support/
Web Developer | Peavey Marketing
[email protected]

sk82nil8-2

Post by sk82nil8-2 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:19 pm

I know this post is very old and no app updates have been deployed in years but I just discovered how to fix this for me

While following the below:
- Make certain you're using the same Apple ID as you used when you first made any purchase.
- Make sure you've installed the same version of AmpKit on your new device (AmpKit or AmpKit+*)
- Open the app on your new device and go to Add Gear > My Purchases and tap "Restore Purchases"

I discovered that I could see this button on my iPad and successfully restored purchases.
But I couldn’t see the button on my iPhone app version.
After playing around with it I found that the button is there but just not showing correctly on iphone.
At the very bottom of the add gear screen there is a line. This is the top edge of the button. Try to press it and it will restore.

dak

Post by dak » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:06 am

Honi soit qui mal y pense... That this is an entirely accidental oversight that has managed to escape attention for decades is somewhat hard to believe.