Vypyr Pro

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Lacking Talent

Re: Vypyr Pro

Post by Lacking Talent » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:55 pm

Guess we longtime fans hoping for a Peavey renaissance -- or even just a mild resurgence in the brand's popularity here at home -- have to sadly concede that the company's launch of its new/latest "flagship" product has, essentially, flopped in the marketplace, given that more than a week has passed without a single additional post appearing in the official thread devoted to it on the manufacturer's own online forum. What a pity.

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:50 pm

Lacking Talent wrote:Guess we longtime fans hoping for a Peavey renaissance -- or even just a mild resurgence in the brand's popularity here at home -- have to sadly concede that the company's launch of its new/latest "flagship" product has, essentially, flopped in the marketplace, given that more than a week has passed without a single additional post appearing in the official thread devoted to it on the manufacturer's own online forum. What a pity.
That could be because nobody is having any new problems. That could be the incentive I need to buy the new pro.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

dalrymple

Post by dalrymple » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:08 am

Still havent seen one outside a store. Are they selling?
Dalrymple

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:48 am

dalrymple wrote:Still havent seen one outside a store. Are they selling?
Dalrymple
The last music store I was in I asked why they did not have what I was looking for the salesperson said they can order it, they only stock what sells locally.
In the area I live two music stores in the last two years closed. I went to the closeout sale for one store and asked why they are closing. There answer was ( internet ). They cannot stay open for people that come in to try a product to see if they like it then go online To buy $200 cheaper.
That could be the reason why they are not on store shelves.
We live in a different shopping world today.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

j_fury68

Post by j_fury68 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:08 am

wmjones wrote:
Dalrymple
The last music store I was in I asked why they did not have what I was looking for the salesperson said they can order it, they only stock what sells locally.
In the area I live two music stores in the last two years closed. I went to the closeout sale for one store and asked why they are closing. There answer was ( internet ). They cannot stay open for people that come in to try a product to see if they like it then go online To buy $200 cheaper.
I have bought plenty of gear cheap on the internet, but I love having a local store too! You gotta throw those guys a bone every once in a while. I bought the Pro and pedal from my local store who had to order it. Never got to try it out cause no one had it, even at the bigger music shops. I try and get what i can from the local store first in hopes that they stick around. Btw, my local store gave me an internet price on the amp and pedal. You don't always have to go online for a good price. :lol:
:arrow: Peavey HP Special FT in Blue Moon Burst, Vypyr 30 with Effects Loop, Zoom G5, Vypyr Pro 100.

Lord High Warlock

Post by Lord High Warlock » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:21 am

Here are some new vids about the VPro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cU-bgInDJY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvOehq2DC9s

The second one's not specifically for the VPro, but The Tone King does mention that he has some more VPro demos coming in the near future.
- Warlock/LHW/Rich

Guitars
2011 Gibson Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute
2015 Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE
2016 Peavey AT-200
1964 Goya F-27

Amps
Peavey Vypyr Pro w/ Sanpera Pro
Marshall AS100D & MG10cd
VOX Valvetronix VT80+

pvampmgr

Post by pvampmgr » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:38 am

pol2711 wrote:Hi Guys,

Got my Vypyr pro in today. Tried to update the firmware but that is a nogo for me and my iMac.
Followed the instructions and somewere I have to choose MIDI IN but I don't see that option.
Have a USB MIDI connected to my iMac.
Can someone tell me the difference between the latest firmware and the one I have got (1.32)?

Thank you!
Hey Pol.
I'm not a MAC guy but I hope you can get it updated, maybe a pal has a PC? That said, there are a few minor bugs to improve on. The biggest one that annoyed me was with the Spro plugged in, when programming the expression pedals if the Pro recieved ANY information, like a breath of air on the pedal, it would cause the 4 model screens to freak out, making it "pulling your hair out" worthy. If that happens to you, just program the expression pedals without the SPro plugged in and you'll cuss a lot less. 1.37 took care of that.
Michael Smith
Product Manager
Peavey Electronics

pvampmgr

Post by pvampmgr » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:41 am

wmjones wrote:
Dalrymple

I wonder if that store is a Fender dealer. Fender's pricing structure doesn't include an MSRP anymore, and they sell direct to consumer. At least with Peavey, there's a difference in MSRP and MAP, so a local store can wheel and deal if the customer is willing.
Michael Smith
Product Manager
Peavey Electronics

pol2711

Post by pol2711 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:58 am

Hey Pol.
I'm not a MAC guy but I hope you can get it updated, maybe a pal has a PC? That said, there are a few minor bugs to improve on. The biggest one that annoyed me was with the Spro plugged in, when programming the expression pedals if the Pro recieved ANY information, like a breath of air on the pedal, it would cause the 4 model screens to freak out, making it "pulling your hair out" worthy. If that happens to you, just program the expression pedals without the SPro plugged in and you'll cuss a lot less. 1.37 took care of that.
managed that, thank you. It's updated.
Hope that the editor will get an update though. Can use it for 5 minutes than the communication is lost. Tried with my iMac and my surface pro (Windows 10).

But still happy with the sound in my band, that's is my main goal

zepdude

Post by zepdude » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:46 am

I bought one... and the new pedal... and to be honest I feel like I am the only one who owns one...Pro player for 35 years and never seen less info on this amp.. even the vyper VIP 1 has a friggen PDF that describes the amps, effects etc more then than this " pro" amp... something is really wrong... pedal cuts out between patches.. and it told to me thats normal..??? I own so many Modeling amps and play in a studio that has Kemper. fractal, etc.. none drop the signal... PV... WTH? great tone, but ........

j_fury68

Post by j_fury68 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:00 am

zepdude wrote:I bought one... and the new pedal... and to be honest I feel like I am the only one who owns one...Pro player for 35 years and never seen less info on this amp.. even the vyper VIP 1 has a friggen PDF that describes the amps, effects etc more then than this " pro" amp... something is really wrong... pedal cuts out between patches.. and it told to me thats normal..??? I own so many Modeling amps and play in a studio that has Kemper. fractal, etc.. none drop the signal... PV... WTH? great tone, but ........
If you get a chance and are willing, please post a video of your problem so others can see exactly the problem and be able to compare it to our amp. I haven't noticed a problem, but I don't play live with it yet either. Also I have heard others praising the amp for fast patch changes, so I'm wondering if yours is worse than others.
:arrow: Peavey HP Special FT in Blue Moon Burst, Vypyr 30 with Effects Loop, Zoom G5, Vypyr Pro 100.

pol2711

Post by pol2711 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:03 am

My bank A:

clean, blues, crunch and solo

still working on the bluespatch though
other three...happy with it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/riwgr4psjko7t ... A.vyb?dl=0

zepdude

Post by zepdude » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:04 pm

j_fury68, I would luv to post the issue... Not sure how .. new to this forum... : (

j_fury68

Post by j_fury68 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:49 am

zepdude wrote:j_fury68, I would luv to post the issue... Not sure how .. new to this forum... : (
One way is to up load a video to youtube and then cut and paste the URL in to the text body of this post.

zepdude

Post by zepdude » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:35 pm

j_fury68 wrote:
zepdude wrote:j_fury68, I would luv to post the issue... Not sure how .. new to this forum... : (
One way is to up load a video to youtube and then cut and paste the URL in to the text body of this post.
Thanx!!!