Vypyr Pro 100 vs Vypyr Tube

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
whipman

Vypyr Pro 100 vs Vypyr Tube

Post by whipman » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:19 am

I've always leaned more towards tube amps but recently bought a Vypyr Pro 100 and I'm liking it. I have an itch for one of the Vypyr Tube amps from a while back. Seeing as I already have the Pro 100 would I be throwing my money away on a Vypyr Tube?

barber76

Re: Vypyr Pro 100 vs Vypyr Tube

Post by barber76 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:28 am

My opinion - just stay with Pro 100. You already have what you like, so why bothering. Spend extra time to setting up the tone patches instead.

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:59 am

whipman wrote:I've always leaned more towards tube amps but recently bought a Vypyr Pro 100 and I'm liking it. I have an itch for one of the Vypyr Tube amps from a while back. Seeing as I already have the Pro 100 would I be throwing my money away on a Vypyr Tube?
No, I always felt the need to have 2 amps just in case something would happen to one of them I would not be without.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

j_fury68

Post by j_fury68 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:14 pm

If I had to choose (and I do, cause I need to pay off a recent guitar purchase) I would choose the Pro. If I could have both I would. The Tube 60 is a great amp. It has some of the same models as the pro, but they do sound a bit different. To be honest their are a few things on the tube model I like a little better than on the pro, but over all the pro wins. I like the JSX better than the XXXII. I like the Krank model that the pro doesn't have. And for some reason I like the Octaver effect better on my tube model. It just easier for me to dial in. That is just a few things off the top of my head. If you can have both, I don't think it is a waste. It's just more Peavey coolness.
:arrow: Peavey HP Special FT in Blue Moon Burst, Vypyr 30 with Effects Loop, Zoom G5, Vypyr Pro 100.

whipman

Post by whipman » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:54 pm

Thanks guys. Curiousity (or GAS) got the better of me and a Tube 60 showed up at my local GC for short money. What are the odds? Guess it was meant to be. Gonna be a busy weekend!