Generation EXP ACM board issue

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
KyleJT

Generation EXP ACM board issue

Post by KyleJT » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:04 pm

Had a scratchy input jack on my EXP, and took to my local shop for look/see. They said the guitar had are really low output, and couldn't really work on it. They did admit to using compressed air to blow out any dirt on the jack.

So yeah, it worked great before, but now I've got almost no sound from the pickups, and zero from the piezo. (yes, I did put in a new battery).

My local GC, which is a Peavey service center, just wanted me to rewire it, sans the piezo. For a hair over $200. It's not a money thing, but I can get another EXP HSH, like mine for 300.

So, are these circuit boards replaceable? I'm sure that's the issue.

studiodtk5

Re: Generation EXP ACM board issue

Post by studiodtk5 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:52 pm

So it has been awhile since I worked on that circuit, but I don’t remember it being overly complicated. I added one to a Peavey Firenza Guitar. On that guitar I started with the Ghost system. I didn’t like it as well because it did not have a neck pocket transducer. So I contacted Peavey about getting a new one. At the time it was not available, and that was about 8 or so years ago. I ended up finding one on eBay. The person like the Generation guitar, but now the acoustic circuit. So he took it out.

I like the Peavey one better, but the Ghost version of preamp is an alternative if you want a replacement. It wires in almost the same way as the Peavey version. And depending on your Generation ACM, it does not include the neck pocket transducer.
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...