Bass Guitar with Vypyr Pro?

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
homerlex

Bass Guitar with Vypyr Pro?

Post by homerlex » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:15 am

I know the Vypyr VIP amps claim you can plugin a Bass guitar and it will automatically set "sensitivity" appropriately. Has anyone been using a Bass guitar with the Vypyr Pro? If so, what are the settings that might need to be adjusted?

wmjones

Re: Bass Guitar with Vypyr Pro?

Post by wmjones » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:23 pm

homerlex wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:15 am
I know the Vypyr VIP amps claim you can plugin a Bass guitar and it will automatically set "sensitivity" appropriately. Has anyone been using a Bass guitar with the Vypyr Pro? If so, what are the settings that might need to be adjusted?
The VYPYR Pro has the Fender Baseman model ( BSMN ). Setting it up should be about the same as the other amp models, However I have never used the BSMN.
Also try going to Peveys Facebook site for help.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

Landshark

Post by Landshark » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:43 am

the VIP speaker is designed to handle a bass ... not sure the Stephens Tru-Sonic speaker in the Vypyr Pro will work that well.

Foxbat_25

Post by Foxbat_25 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:35 am

Good to know, thanks! I was wondering though, is it a powerful amp or something that's appropriate for indoors use? Because I was looking at these flats in Berlin as I'll be sent there by my company this year, and I'd like to keep playing music there (I play both the standard and bass guitar, I've got an electric and an acoustic guitar, and an electric bass, if that helps) without being thrown out by the neighbors!

Landshark

Post by Landshark » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:19 am

Foxbat_25 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:35 am
Good to know, thanks! I was wondering though, is it a powerful amp or something that's appropriate for indoors use? Because I was looking at these flats in Berlin as I'll be sent there by my company this year, and I'd like to keep playing music there (I play both the standard and bass guitar, I've got an electric and an acoustic guitar, and an electric bass, if that helps) without being thrown out by the neighbors!
VIP's and Vypyr Pro both have headphone jacks ... either can be played at bedroom level ... or they can get LOUD if you want to!

i have a VIP1 in my livingroom hidden on the side of my couch, and a Vypyr Pro downstairs in my game room. :D

Foxbat_25

Post by Foxbat_25 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:06 am

Thanks, great, I'm getting a Vypyr Pro then, to practice at home and to play at amateur concerts!

Landshark

Post by Landshark » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:31 am

Foxbat_25 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:06 am
Thanks, great, I'm getting a Vypyr Pro then, to practice at home and to play at amateur concerts!
the Power Sponge on the Pro can be adjusted from 1W to 100W ... should work out good for you.