Winter NAMM: Peavey Debuts New PV® Series Powered Monitor & Subwoofer
ANAHEIM, Calif. - Peavey proudly announces that it has added the new PV® 115PM powered stage monitor and the PV® 118D powered subwoofer to its enduring PV® Series, the benchmark for performance and value in sound reinforcement products.
The Peavey PV 115PM is a two-way powered monitor system engineered with a bi-amplified class D power section that drives a 15" woofer with a 2 3/8" voice coil and a 1.4" titanium-diaphragm 14T™ compression driver with 200 watts total power. This high-speed amp topology yields the highest audio resolution and efficiency available, and combined with the woofer's neodymium speaker magnet yields extra-light weight.
The PV 118D is a powered subwoofer engineered with a class D power section that drives an 18" woofer with 300 watts total power. The sub also includes a built-in fourth-order Linkwitz-Riley crossover (120 Hz), exclusive bass contour circuitry and Peavey's proprietary DDT™ loudspeaker protection technology.
Both the PV 115PM and PV 118D include a Woofer Servo circuit that monitors the woofer's back-EMF that is not a result of the drive signal, and compensates for the unwanted response in the amplified signal. The result is a well-controlled and precise sound with excellent low-end frequency handling. The Constant Loudness (Fletcher-Munson) circuit accentuates bass and treble frequencies at low listening volume levels on the PV 115 PM to provide additional clarity and perceived uniform sound reproduction across the volume spectrum.
The extensive Peavey PV Series product line includes every link in the audio chain, from loudspeakers, mixers and power amplifiers to processors, cables, microphones and accessories.
The Peavey PV 115PM and PV 118D will be available in Q2 2009 from authorized Peavey retailers.
- Bi-amplified class D powered system with 200 watts total power
- DDT™ compression on both power amps
- 15" heavy duty woofer with 2-3/8" voice coil and neodymium magnet
- Woofer Servo
- Automatic equal loudness (Fletcher-Munson) compensation
- 14T™ 1.4" titanium compression driver
- Peak SPL up to 120 dB with music
- Combo jack with 1/4" TRS and female XLR mic- or line-level balanced input
- Two 1/4" phone jacks for link-out/direct-in capability
- 47 lbs.
- U.S. MSRP $479.99
- Class D powered system with 300 watts total power
- DDT™ compression
- Crossover frequency 120 Hz
- Bass contour circuit
- Fourth-order Linkwitz-Riley crossover
- 18" heavy-duty woofer
- Woofer Servo
- Peak SPL up to 126 dB with music
- Female XLR mic- or line-level balanced input
- Male XLR jack switchable for either high-pass or thru
- One 1/4" phone jacks for speaker in capability
- 79 lbs.
- U.S. MSRP $799.99