SP® 4P 2x15 inch Quasi 3-Way PA Speaker
The Peavey® SP®4P is a powered, bi-amplified, two-way speaker system engineered to provide very high levels of performance in a compact powered loudspeaker. This quasi-three-way powered system is comprised of a 1000 W peak switching power amplifier driving a pair of 15" Black Widow® BWX series woofers, now with a long throw voice coil. The 2" RX™22CT titanium diaphragm compression driver is driven by a 500 W peak switching power amplifier, and is coupled to a low coloration waveguide with a coverage pattern of 100° horizontal by 50° vertical.
The SP®4P is capable of up to 131 dB peak SPL. The enclosure is constructed of plywood augmented with internal braces, covered with a textured black painted finish. The shape is a trapezoidal form, with a full-length coated perforated steel grille, to offer an attractive yet durable powered speaker system. A pair of four-way inset handles, one on each side, and a set of casters on the bottom rear edge and a top rear handle provide convenient transport and handling. Multiple fly points are provided to allow overhead rigging. The cabinet and grille are black.
Two independent mixed input channels each offer a balanced input to the preamp/EQ electronics, and a level control. Each channel has one combo female XLR and 1/4" TRS phone jack. It is switchable between mic-level and line-level sensitivity. Channel 2 has a 3.5 mm media jack added. A line out section has male XLR connectors. The Thru outputs allow linking of additional speaker systems, or feed of the signal to a powered subwoofer, etc.
The power amplifiers providing the bi-amplification are low-distortion switching units providing 1000 W peak available power into the nominal 4 ohm load of the woofer, and a 500 W peak available power into the nominal 8 ohm load of the tweeter. The power supply for both amps is a switch mode type for low weight and high efficiency. Both amplifiers feature our DDT™ compression, which virtually eliminates audible power amplifier clipping. Cooling is via forced air circulation.
The combination of the Black Widow® BWX woofer with the RX™22CT tweeter and DSP crossover and EQ provide a clarity and impact beyond conventional powered enclosures. The switching power amps and switch-mode power supply, along with the professional grade speaker components, provide this high level of technological sophistication at a very light weight, while at a very reasonable cost.
Bi-Amplified powered speaker system
- EQ presets available via rotary encoder pushbutton select
- 9-Band EQ and other system settings accessed via rotary encoder push button select
- Dynamic bass boost function
- Up to 150 MS of architectural delay
- DSP based crossover, limiting and EQ
- Two independent mixed input channels, with gain control and mic/line gain switch
- Each channel features a combo jack with 1/4" TRS & female XLR balanced input
- Input 2 has a 3.5 MM (1/8") stereo media input jack
- Output connectors are male XLR
- Four-way inset handles on each side
- Peak SPL up to 131 DB with music!
- Tilt-back casters and top rear back handle
- PEAVEY RX™22CT compression driver tweeter on a quadratic throat wave guide
- Full length perforated steel grille
- Two 15" Black Widow® BWX woofers
- Rugged plywood enclosure, with bracing and dado construction
- Both power amps have DDT compression
- Reduced weight - only 93 pounds!
- 1000 Watts peak available woofer power, 500 Watts peak available tweeter power
- Multiple fly points
- Fan cooled for maximum reliability
- Weight Unpacked: 104.72 lb(47.5 kg)
- Weight Packed: 109.13 lb(49.5 kg)
- Width Packed: 19.688"(50.00752 cm)
- Height Packed: 47.25"(120.015 cm)
- Depth Packed: 19.688"(50.00752 cm)