SPi 15 15 inch 2000-Watt 2-Way Speaker System
The SPi 15 features the Peavey Quadratic Throat Waveguide with an RX 22CT compression driver loaded onto the constant directivity waveguide. The SPi 15 is a two-way speaker system comprised of the 15" Black Widow BWX series woofer, now with a long throw voice coil.
The SPi 15 has a trapezoidal-shaped enclosure, which reduces the buildup of standing waves inside the enclosure to minimize mid-bass and mid-range coloration. The enclosure is constructed of plywood augmented with internal braces, coated with a textured black polyurethane finish. A full-length, wrap-around perforated steel grille protects the front of the enclosure. A stand-mount adapter is incorporated to accommodate a speaker stand. Multiple fly points are provided to allow overhead rigging.
The two-way system consists of the following driver components: a 15" Black Widow BWX series woofer with a long throw voice coil. The woofer is capable of over 500 Watts of continuous power handling (AES Std 2-1984). The high frequencies are handled by a 2" RX22CT titanium diaphragm compression driver. This excellent driver is coupled to a Quadratic Throat Constant Directivity Waveguide (U.S. Patent #6,059,069) to provide smooth, even response, low distortion and good high frequency dispersion. This horn has an asymmetrical vertical polar response, aiming the main energy lobe down 10 degrees so it reaches the audience instead of over their heads. This reduces ceiling reflections and ensures greater clarity and gain before feedback.
Full-range input connection to the system is made via two 1/4" phone jacks and one four-pin twist lock connector in parallel. A four-pin Neutrik switching jack is provided for bi-amping flexibility while maintaining superior signal integrity. The internal passive crossover features the Peavey-exclusive Sound Guard protection circuit for the tweeter and an advanced topology crossover with high-performance components to provide high power handling and reliability. Sound Guard provides long- and medium-term driver overload protection without impairing musical transients or dynamics on either the mid-range or the tweeter when the system is used full range or when it is bi-amped.
The crossover provides driver roll-off and protection as well as driver EQ for the woofer and horn for a clean, clear and smooth response. High-quality, reliable crossover components include film capacitors and high-current inductors. The optimal integration of the crossover with the selected drivers results in a smooth frequency response from 64 Hz to 17 kHz.
Despite its compact dimensions, this system can produce very high sound levels and handle 1000 watts program power, resulting in high articulation and long-term reliability.
- Two-way, full-range/bi-ampable Sound Reinforcement system
- 15 BWX Black Widow 4 diameter VC woofer
- RX22CT compression driver
- 1000 watts program, 2000 watts peak
- Patented Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology
- Asymmetrical horn aims the sound down 10(o) (at the audience, not over their heads)
- Sound Guard III tweeter protection
- Full-range inputs include one four-pin twist lock connector and two 1/4 phone jacks
- Bi-amp input via four-pin switching Neutrik Speakon
- Trapezoidal plywood enclosure
- Stand-mount adapter
- Multiple fly points
- Very small profile for a 15 two-way speaker system
- Weight Unpacked: 53.35 lb(24.2 kg)
- Weight Packed: 57.32 lb(26 kg)
- Width Packed: 17.716"(44.999 cm)
- Height Packed: 17.716"(44.999 cm)
- Depth Packed: 30.315"(77.000 cm)