VSX 26 Presets
- QW 2 with QW 118 subs, tri-amped
- QW 2 with QW 218, tri-amped
- QW 2, bi-amped
- QW 3 with QW 218, tri-amped Updated
- QW 3, bi-amped
- QW 4 with QW 218, tri-amped
- QW 4, bi-amped
- SP 1 with SP 218, tri-amped
- SP 2 with SP 118, tri-amped
- SP 2 with SP 218, tri-amped
- SP 2, bi-amped
- SP 2X, bi-amped
- SP 3 with SP 118, tri-amped
- SP 3 with SP 218, tri-amped
- SP 3, bi-amped
- SP 4 with SP 118, tri-amped
- SP 4 with SP 218, tri-amped
- SP 4, bi-amped
- SP 6 with SP 218, tri-amped
- SP 6, bi-amped
- Versarray Project Eight system
- Qw monitor speakers bi-amped
- Sp5.5 powerer with SP118 subwoofer
Instructions for transfering VSX presets from the web to your VSX unit
Prepare your memstick. The easiest way is to plug a USB 2.0 memstick directly into your VSX 26's USB "A" slot. Then press the TOOLS button. Scroll to "Save Preset" and press the Data wheel to select. Press the Data wheel (to select) when on "Location" and turn the Data wheel clockwise until "USB Memstick" appears in the window. Just proceed to save whatever is the existing preset (it doesn't matter what it is or it's name) . By doing so, the VSX 26 creates all the folders necessary to transfer downloaded presets to the unit itself.
Alternately you can create the folder: VSX26 and then create the folder: presets and drag it inside the VSX26 folder.
After downloading the presets you need from the website, drag them into VSX26/presets folder while the memstick is plugged into your computer.
To load the presets into the VSX 26 plug the memstick into the "A" USB slot, press the TOOLS button and turn the Data wheel until it stops on "Load Preset". Press the Data wheel to select. While "load" is highlighted press the Data wheel to make the cursor jump to the preset name field. Turn the Data wheel until it says USB Memstick with the name of the desired preset under it. Then press the Data wheel again to move the cursor and turn the Data wheel until "OK" is highlighted. Then press the Data wheel to select, it will ask before overwriting the current and answer "OK" again.
Instructions for installing firmware
Simply install downloaded update in the folder: vsx26/firmware on your memstick. Restart the VSX pressing the Data wheel. Insert the memstick and follow the on screen instructions.
Troubleshooting: should you have any problems after following the above instructions defragging your memstick usually solves them. Put the stick back in your computer and select it (drive) for defragging by whatever method you use on your computer. The other caution is to allow 10 to 15 seconds for your VSX to recognize your memstick after you first plug it into the VSX.
Instructions for Autograph ™ for VSX 26 (v1.05)
The Autograph algorithm for VSX 26 can measure and automatically set your front end graphic EQ's to eliminate peaks in your acoustic environment. We have designed this process to be as unobtrusive as possible and have eliminated the need for lengthy pink noise sessions. Pink noise is ramped up and left active only long enough for the VSX26 to take snapshots of the sound field. The system makes three sweeps of the sound field (each of which is a four measurement average ... total of 12 measurements) and sets the filters as needed. You can also make multiple measurements from different locations (recommended) and automatically average them together to better smooth out the performance of your system.
1. Hook up PVR2 measuring microphone to front panel.
2. In "MIC" setup screen, make sure phantom is on and the gain is set sufficiently high (start around 60dB gain to make sure it picks up signal...). Standard mic placements and measuring techniques apply. Excessive background noise will have a negative effect on the process and should be avoided.
3. Make sure matrix is set up the way you want to use it in the real system. You do not need to route the MIC anywhere... the AutographT algorithm will take care of that.
4. Outputs should be wired up to amps, which in turn should be connected to speakers as in a normal setup.
5. Amps should be turned on and at least turned up to moderate volume...
6. Select TOOLS->AUTOGRAPH->OK->START NEW ANALYSIS and the system will automatically ramp up noise signals and make measurements... 3 times on Input A then 3 on input B. If the signal does not hear sufficient level it will kick out.
7. A warning screen will be displayed... "Automatically adjust Graphic EQ? ... Pink noise generated".
8. Three options will be displayed:
Start New Analysis
Clear/reset existing GEQ settings, make analysis, adjust GEQ with results
Analyze Again and Average Results
Does NOT reset existing GEQ settings and averages the analysis with existing settings. Will average as many measurements as performed.