SP® 2P 1000-Watt 2-Way Powered PA Speaker
The Peavey SP2P is a powered, bi-amplified, two-way speaker system engineered to provide very high levels of performance in a compact powered loudspeaker. This two-way powered system is comprised of a 1000 W peak switching power amplifier driving a 15" Black Widow BWX series woofer, now with a long throw voice coil. The 2" RX22CT titanium diaphragm compression driver is driven by a 500 W peak switching power amplifier, and is coupled to a low coloration waveguide with a coverage pattern of 100(o) horizontal by 50(o) vertical.
The SP2P is capable of up to 130 dB peak SPL. The enclosure is constructed of plywood augmented with internal braces, covered with a textured black painted finish. The shape is a modified-trapezoidal form, with a full-length coated perforated steel grille, to offer an attractive yet durable powered speaker system. A pair of four-way inset handles, one on each side, provide convenient transport and handling. The cabinet and grille are black.
Two independent mixed input channels each offer a balanced input to the preamp/EQ electronics, and a level control. Each channel has one combo female XLR and 1/4" TRS phone jack. It is switchable between mic-level and line-level sensitivity. Channel 2 has a 3.5 mm media jack added. A line out section has male XLR connectors. The Thru outputs allow linking of additional speaker systems, or feed of the signal to a powered subwoofer, etc.
The power amplifiers providing the bi-amplification are low-distortion switching units providing 1000 W peak available power into the nominal 4 ohm load of the woofer, and a 500 W peak available power into the nominal 8 ohm load of the tweeter. The power supply for both amps is a switch mode type for low weight and high efficiency. Both amplifiers feature our DDT compression, which virtually eliminates audible power amplifier clipping. Cooling is via forced air circulation. A four-way handle on each side provides ease of transport, while multiple fly points are provided to allow overhead rigging.
The combination of the Black Widow BWX woofer with the RX22CT tweeter and DSP crossover and EQ provide a clarity and impact beyond conventional powered enclosures. The switching power amps and switch-mode power supply, along with the professional grade speaker components, provide this high level of technological sophistication at a very light weight, while at a very reasonable cost.
- Bi-amplified powered speaker system
- EQ Presets available via rotary encoder pushbutton select
- 9-Band EQ and other system settings accessed via rotary encoder pushbutton select
- Dynamic bass boost function
- Up to 150 MS of architectural delay
- DSP based crossover, limiting and EQ
- Two independent mixed input channels, with gain control and mic/line gain switch
- Each channel features a combo jack with 1/4" TRS & female XLR balanced input
- Input 2 has A 3.5 MM (1/8") stereo media input jack
- Output connectors are male XLR
- Four-way inset handles on each side
- Peak SPL up to 130 DB with music!
- Full length perforated steel grille
- Peavey RX™22CT compression driver tweeter on a quadratic throat waveguide
- Rugged plywood enclosure, with bracing and dado construction
- 15" Black Widow® BWX woofer
- Pole mount included
- Both power amps have DDT compression
- Reduced weight - only 59 pounds!
- 1000 watts peak available woofer power, 500 watts peak available tweeter power
- Multiple fly points
- Fan cooled for maximum reliability
- Weight Unpacked: 62.17 lb(28.2 kg)
- Weight Packed: 66.14 lb(30 kg)
- Width Packed: 19.688"(50.00752 cm)
- Height Packed: 30.328"(77.03312 cm)
- Depth Packed: 19.688"(50.00752 cm)