Due to the high volume of responses that we receive, we will be able to respond only to candidates of interest. If there is no current match, but you meet our qualifications for employment, your resume will be kept on file for one year. You will be notified if there is an interest in your experience at a later date.
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Information Services
- Product Development
- Sales/Marketing (openings)
- Other Opportunities
- Web Services
Inside Sales Representative
(Base + Commission)
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Under general direction of the Product Development General Manager, this position generates revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders; developing new and existing accounts; understanding and interpreting technical requirements of products; providing technical information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Nothing in this job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Makes outgoing calls to dealers to solicit orders, advise of product availability or update the dealer on product backorder status.
- Receives telephone calls, emails or other correspondence from the dealers and accepts and places orders for product.
- Collaboratively works with Internal Sales Manager and assigned Regional Sales Manager to develop an overall territory account plan to maximize opportunities and generate sales activity with customers.
- Routing qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executive for further development and closure.
- Grows and maintains existing customer and partner relationships through proactive telephone sales, marketing activity.
- Fills orders by transferring orders to fulfillment; communicating expected delivery date; explaining stock-outs.
- Develops accounts by checking customer's buying history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Works closely with other internal departments to resolve customer issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum High School diploma and or GED equivalent.
- One - two years or more experience in technical sales.
- One - two years of technical sales in Audio/Video (AV) industry preferred.
- One - two years proven inside sales experience.
- Track record of over-achieving quota.
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day to either established customers or potential customer.
- Experience using sales and customer service skills and techniques to meet sales goals. Such as prospecting skills, people skills, customer focus, professionalism, and relationship building.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Fearless cold calling ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Experience with customer relationship management software (CRM)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide with units of measure, using whole numbers, common functions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position frequently sits, talk or hear, and uses hands to finger, handle or feel for over 2/3 of the shift.
- Occasionally stands, walks, reaches with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally lift up to 10 pounds.
- Vision requirements: Close vision, color, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is exposed to moderate noises found inside an office produced by computers, printers, copy machines, and light foot traffic.
- POSITION TYPE: This is a full-time, non-exempt base + commission.
- CORE WORK SCHEDULE: Core days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Time zone of customers may dictate core schedule times.
- NON-CORE Work Schedule: Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: None
- PRIMARY WORK LOCATION: 5022 Hartley Peavey Drive, Meridian, MS 39305
- E-VERIFY: Peavey participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization of employees.
- PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENS: Candidates must be able to pass a drug screen and background requirements.
Peavey offers an excellent benefits package, competitive wages and tremendous opportunities.
For consideration, please apply or send resume with salary expectations to:
Human Resources Department
Peavey Electronics Corporation
5022 Hartley Peavey Drive
Meridian, MS 39305-8733
Equal Opportunity Employer